My research focuses on solving (wireless) communication network related problems using state of the art techniques from machine learning and semantic web. In other words, I am looking at flexible network architectures for constraint devices in applications areas such as Web/Internet of Things and use Data Science to solve existing challenges.
Currently I am a postdoc at the IBCN research group at Ghent University, Belgium. Previously I’ve been working at the Jozef Stefan Institute in Ljubljana, Slovenia where I helped starting the Sensorlab group. Other experience includes working for Bloomberg LP and Siemens PSE. I have earned my PhD from the Jozef Stefan International Postgraduate School in 2013 and my BSc/MSc from the Technical University of Cluj-Napoca, Romania. More about me can be found on my LinkedIn profile.
Google Scholar does a better job at keeping track of my papers than I do so please check here.
Sensor Management System is an internal system used in SensorLab for managing and the VESNA based monitoring experimental infrastructures. I led the project and developed the conceptual design. The system is based on node.js and MongoDB.
– “The Web of Things” tutorial was given at ISWC 2013.
– “The Web of Things” tutorial was given at WWW 2012.
– “The Web of Things” tutorial was given at ESWC 2011.
– I gave, together with Marko Grobelnik, “The Web of Things” tutorial at WWW 2011.
– With my colleagues, we launched a mash-up based on our Smart Objects testbeds.